Thursday, August 2, 2007

A little bit of good in a bad bad world.

I was going to write about this last night, but like everyone else I was caught up watching the on-going situation in Minnesota. I heard about this thing on the radio the other night and decided (for obvious reasons) to check it out.
Please check out the website below and go to the information bar on the left hand side. Go ahead, I'll wait. . .
http://pawsoflife.net/default.htm

Did you check it out? Now you know why it caught my eye. I know where this kid is coming from. I was diagnosed 2 years younger than he was, but that's sort of beside the point.

The point is, I know exactly the sort of confusion that this kid is feeling every time he experiences this sort of low in his blood sugar. Lucky for me, I had very attentive siblings watching over me as a child. On several occasions they caught me before things got bad, and one night I have no doubt that my brother saved my life. I'll never be able to pay them back for what they've done for me and I will always be there for them.

Anyhow, if you feel like donating to this worthwhile cause, please do. If not, the ADA is always looking for donations. If not the ADA, just donate some money to any cause, I can promise you that it will feel good.

Not my usual sarcastic post, but sometimes you have to change it up a little bit.

6 comments:

Maggie said...

Okay, good job Cody for saving your life and all, but what about the time I had to call 911 and save you? Oh, that's right, I got in trouble for calling 911. Silly me... but I still saved your life, and did not get a bike for it.

*bitter, but still glad you are alive *

Zack and Jenny said...

Tell you what sis, since Cody got a bike and you didn't, anytime we're at a bar from now on, beer's on me.

gardenboy said...

Just to let you know Zack.....I have donated to the ADA a couple of times over the past several years.
They are about the only group I ever donate money to.

I do remember one time when you were up the Creek (so to speak) at breakfast. You hadn't done your shot yet or hadn't had any food and you just drifted away. We were all sitting around the kitchen area talking. You had this faraway look in your eyes. One of those Capri Sun drinks was put up to your lips and you drained that thing in about 5 seconds. And you came back to our world after drinking that juice.

I'll second that offer to Mag. In Denver in April!!!

petecobb99 said...

i don't think anybody suffered in the bike department...

Maggie said...

Amen to capri suns! Those things worked wonders on you!!!!

p.s. i bought my OWN bike with my fair money. so there.

p.p.s. maybe there should be a capri sun fund.

p.p.s.s. you don't owe me any beers just because of that. nobody "saved" you just to get a reward, duh.

Zack and Jenny said...

mmmmmmm, capri sun