Sunday, March 25, 2007

A bad day just gets worse

Just a liitle peak into what went on in my day yesterday.

The morning started off fairly early as I had to get up for my apprenticeship class at the college. For those that don't know, I'm am currently a electrician's apprentice working my way towards becoming a journeyman and hopefully someday a master electrician. This class is part of the requirement for that.

I came home for lunch break to check out the UNH score, confident that they would be up by at least 4 or 5 goals as it was the end of the first period. Imagine my surprise when the score said 1-0 Miami. A little bit shaken, I went back to class hoping that the Cats could come back and win in the second and third periods. Tragically, when I came home, they had lost.

A sidenote here: There are differing opinions on whether or not UNH losing is a good thing for those of us making the trip to St. Louis. While I wish that they could have gone farther, it's a bit of a relief that we won't have to be obsessed with the Wildcats and can just enjoy the amazing time we'll have. Plus they will win the title next year. For those of you that don't know, that last sentence is call the "Kiss of Death" as it jinxes the Cats for next year. Hopefully since the Frozen Four hasn't happened this year yet, all will be forgiven.

the only other thing that could have made my day any more miserable would have been to humiliate myself just for the fun of it. So I decided to go golfing. Powell has $5 for all day play, but only the front nine is open and it's all winter greens. It was a good chance to get out and shake the dust off. I realized after yesterday that there is quite a bit more dust to shake off.

Here's a pic of my longest, straightest drive of the day:



For those of you that golf with me, that's a definite improvement.

Have a good week everyone!

3 comments:

petecobb99 said...

Fore!

gardenboy said...

As Sudsy used to say "Drive for show, Putt for dough."

cee.dub said...

Ha ha...where's your skirt?