Thursday, March 22, 2007

The view from my eyes

I tried to post in my usual pink color, but cannot figure out how. So here is my post anyway :)

I thought I would put my two cents on the issue of my job. I have been mulling it over in my head for some time now. They first talked about the big budget problem back in February. I didn't want to worry about it too much at that time because everything was up in the air. After a whole month of not knowing, the board had three meetings where they were supposed to discuss our future. At two of the board meetings the issue of the budget was not addressed, and at the last board meeting (Tuesday) I found myself on the chopping block. I am unsure how to feel about the situation that has been forced upon me. I feel cheated, and I want to blame some one, but there is no one to blame. Since I am a new teacher, I am not entitled to the luxuries of a tenure teacher, and thus I pull the short straw every time. My principal has been very good about talking to me, and he said if it were up to him, I would not be losing my job. I wish it were up to him. He reassures me that I am a great educator and will go far in the education world. I take his words as strength to begin my search for my next great teaching job.

So are the woes of my first year as a teacher, the tears have been cried, and now it is time to move on. I feel I am young yet, so hopefully this loss will open up a new door for me somewhere else. Who knows, maybe I will get a job in Powell, and won't have to commute for a change. Plus that would mean a whole extra hour of sleep in the morning! Wishful thinking. I am going to end my post with a saying from the Dahli Lama that is posted next to my desk at school:

*Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.

Jenny

1 comment:

petecobb99 said...

it'll work out ok, somehow, something inside of me says...