Thursday, March 29, 2007

My axe to grind.

Those of you that know me fairly well know that it takes quite a bit to rile me up. Today I was reading the Sports Guys basketball blog and he had this link on there: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RKoXNToOnk

This player is OJ Mayo, the most recruited high school basketball player in the country. He has signed to play at USC next year for at least one year. My problem with this clip is this: His team is up by 40 in the closing minutes of the game. Now I can understand why he's in the game, it's his final high school game. The problem I have is that he steals a pass, alley-oops to himself from half court, then grabs the ball as it comes through the net and throws it into the stands. He is kicked out of the game and as you can see from the video, laps up all of the adoration.

This is why I can't wait to watch the Frozen Four. The kids that we watch play next weekend will be kids that love the sport they play and don't receive a lot of national attention. Most of you know that I love college basketball and it's one of my favorite things to watch. I can guarantee you this: next season I'll be rooting against USC every chance I get.

No comments: