Monday, March 26, 2007

Just a few pics

So one of the biggest changes in my life recently was the addition of an insulin pump to my daily routine. Having been a diabetic for almost 20 years now, I had grown a little bit tired of poking myself with a needle several times a day. So, to make a long story short, I was started on the pump. It's a pretty neat little device, I punch in my blood sugar and the number of grams of carbs that I'm going to eat or drink and it figures out how much insulin to give. It also delivers a basal dose throughout the day. So far the results have been favorable, I only have to change the insertion site every three days and refill the reservoir every 6 days.

Here's a picture of the pump and below that a picture of the pump next to my cell phone just for a size reference:




2 comments:

petecobb99 said...

it makes me feel good that you are feeling better with the pump...

cee.dub said...

When I was in Syracuse for the Wyo football game I met a really cute girl with a pump...thanks for the in Zack!