Monday, March 19, 2007

Welcome to the big show!

Live from the heart of sugar beet country: POWELL, WYOMING!
We think the idea of a blog as a way for everyone to keep up is a great idea. I have a feeling that I (Zack) will be doing a majority of the posting on here since Jenny spends most of her time on the computer doing pointless stuff like homework and bettering herself with online classes. I feel computer time is much more well spent checking out the Sports Guy's latest column on ESPN.com.
I won't go into as much detail about the past year as Cody did in his blog, but here's a little refresher for those that are behind:
I recently had eye surgery on my left eye to remove some scar tissue and other assorted debris from the eye. The recovery is going strong and vision in that eye has improved dramatically. I'd say vision is at about 65% right now and the doc has told me that it will improve in the next couple of weeks. I'm scheduled to see him in about a month for a shot in the other eye to prevent surgery down the road. Other than that the only big event coming up down the road is my first trip to the Frozen Four. I'm sure Cody will provide a play by play when we get back, but I'll have some pics to post on here after that weekend.
On to news about better looking people, Jenny is still teaching in Burlington and having fun just about everyday. Recently she found out that her contract may not be renewed next year due to budget issues and the fact that she's a first year teacher. So she's a little stressed out about that. But that's not for sure yet, and even if it does happen she's a great teacher so I'm confident that she'll be teaching again somewhere in the fall, even if it isn't Burlington.
I don't really know how much I'll be posting on here since nothing real exciting happens around here, but I'll try to post a few times a week, even if it is just a few paragraphs. I'll also always try to keep current pictures of Jenny and myself on here.
For those of you that only tune in here to see what Jenny has to say, she'll be adding her spin on what I post and contributing anything she thinks I left out at the end of each post. You'll be able to tell it's her post because the font will look like this.
So I'll end this initial post now, because I seemed to have rambled a little bit. Happy reading!

I figured that I should put my two cents into this posting a la Sports Gal. Zack and I have decided that we are the Powell, WY version of the sports guy and sports girl, so our blog will resemble their column in a few ways.
I have to admit that I am happy about Zack's surgery. It is a great relief that they were able to fix the damage and improve his eye sight. I would much rather go to Billings and shop than go for medical reasons, but I am just glad everything worked out for us!
As for the job situation, being part of a small school district, there is always chance of not getting your contract renewed. I will have to face this problem until I am able to be tenured, and hopefully I will be tenured in Burlington (3 continuous years of teaching for the district). If that isn't in my cards, then I will just have to see what comes my way.
Well Zack pretty much said the other exciting news, omitting the fact that at the same time as his St. Louis trip is my wisdom tooth surgery (Yes it is time all four come out). I'll let him off the hook this time, but only if he brings me back the best St. Louis Cardinals souvenir he can find!
That's all I have to say, and as Zack said earlier, Happy Reading!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice site, but I think you need to add some links and graphics to the Chargers and Padres.

See ya,
Dad